Welcome to the website of the General Maczek Museum. The museum is established in Breda, the Netherlands
This museum is dedicated to the brave men and women of the 1st Polish Armoured Division who, under command of general Stanislaw Maczek, liberated parts of our country from German occupation and oppression during 1944 and 1945. The Polish soldiers brought us freedom and nourishment and gave us the possibility to start the reconstruction of our country. On the other hand our liberators couldn’t liberate their own Poland and they had to accept that their country remained oppressed for fifty years.
Exhibition Spaces temporarily closed
As of January 10th 2015, the exhibition spaces of the General Maczek Museum are closed indefinetly due to relocation. The exhibition spaces are closed, but the museum is not closed.
Until the end of 2015, it remains possible to visit the museum library (see library) by appointment and the cinema on our current location, the Trip van Zoudtlandt Barracks in Breda. We also continue to give lectures on request. In the meanwhile we are working hard on relocation of the museum in a new setting on a new location. For questions and information you can contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Artikelen over Breda in Nederland-Polen en de Tweede Wereldoorlog – Thema Tijdschrift mei 2015
- Historisch manuscript “Zonder vrees en zonder verwijt”
- Zondag 26 april 2015: Lezing GMM over de Nazi Duitsland concentratie- en vernietigingskampen in Polen
- Zondag 29 maart 2015: Filmmiddag Generaal Maczek Museum
- Zondag 22 februari 2015: Filmmiddag Generaal Maczek Museum